Haunted Homes in the United States
Do you believe that your house is haunted? What are your signs and symptoms? Do they include the following? These are some of the reported occurrences from people who have had personal experiences in their homes.
People often report only one on the list while others have experienced several of these signs. You can always contact a local paranormal group in your area if you feel the need for more information or intervention/assistance and guidance. There are many resources now available online to all interested in finding answers to the activity in their home.
- You feel like you’re being watched.
- Pets see things that you do not.
- You feel a weight on your bed just like someone is sitting there.
- You hear your name called.
- Electrical devices turn on and off randomly.
- Objects are moved and/or disappear.
- You hear crying.
- You are physically touched.
- You feel extreme cold spots.
- Pictures fly off of the wall.
- You hear footsteps.
- You smell perfume or foul smells.
- Furniture is rearranged.
- Water turns on and off by itself.
- Your doorbell rings but no one is there.
- Doors and cabinets open and close by themselves.
- You hear music.
- You hear hushed whispers.
- You see shadows.
- You see unexplained light.
- Children talk of seeing people that you do not.
- You feel uneasy in certain rooms of your home.
- A musical instrument plays by itself.
- A spirit orb appears in your photographs.
- A feeling of nausea in a certain room.
- Light bulbs blow out regularly.
- You hear tapping on the walls.
- Recurrent nightmares.
- Marks or scratches on your body.
- Electronic equipment is drained of power unexpectedly.
Take a break and watch this true story and see what these people experienced in this house. This event was high profile back in the media many years ago.
- Intelligent Haunting: A spirit tries to interact with the living.
- Residual Haunting: Imprinted negative energy, typically from a traumatic event.
- Demonic Haunting: Create chaos, destruction, stress and even death.
- Poltergeist Haunting: Throwing or moving objects, making noises, assaulting people and animals.
- Shadow Hauntings: Shapeless, dark masses: “Hat” Man or “Hooded” Figure. They pass through walls and have no facial features.
- Doppelganger Haunting: The individual sees an exact double of his or her self. (very rare)
- Read more about Shadow People here.
Notorious Haunted Houses in the United States-Open For Tours
- Winchester House, San Jose, CA
- Lizzie Borden House, Fall River, MA
- La Laurie Mansion, New Orleans, LA
- The White House, Washington, DC
- Franklin Castle, Cleveland, OH
- Sprague Mansion, Cranston, R.I.
- Myrtles Plantation, St. Francisville, LA
- Stranahan House, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Whaley House, San Diego, CA
Haunted Vacation Destinations in the United States
If you are planning a haunted U.S. road trip, you might want to consider one or more of the destinations mentioned in this short video. I have been to St. Augustine Lighthouse and Gettysburg and plan on seeing several more destinations again in the near future. Where are you headed?
Thanks for stopping by. Comments and questions welcomed below!