Continued claims that the Cecil Hotel in downtown Los Angeles is haunted has had another tragedy to add to it’s truly bizarre history. The mysterious death of Elisa Lam in the water tower of the Cecil Hotel is one of the strangest unexplained modern day mysteries many believe is paranormal related. If you’re planning a trip to California, this hotel is a must see on your paranormal road trip. I would bet that it most definitely is included in the local Haunted Tours.
Elisa had been missing since January 31, 2013 and her naked body was finally discovered on February 19, 2013 in a rooftop water tank of the Cecil Hotel. She was 21 years old. Hotel guests had been complaining about low water pressure and a “funny” taste to the water.
It should be stressed that although is appears that Elisa might have been under the influence of drugs or alcohol based on her strange behavior in the elevator, nothing unusual was discovered in her system. This was the final determination of the coroner who ruled her death an accident. It shoudl be noted that she did have a history of Bi-Polar Disorder.
There have been many questions and comments about this unsolved case:
- How did Elisa manage to get inside of the tank?
- What is the shadow in the elevator that many claim is proof of the paranormal?
- Why didn’t the elevator door close after she hit the buttons several times?
- Even police were stumped as to how Elisa Lam came to be in a water tank that is difficult to access. The possibility of foul play was investigated but was ruled out.
LAPD spokesperson Officer Sara Faden said The circumstances of Lam’s death are highly unusual and investigators are now trying to determine whether Lam was murdered or if “a very, very strange accident” occurred.
The Cecil Hotel
- It’s pretty much a dump at this point in time hosting transients for less that $500 per month. Perhaps it’s one of the places that should just be shut down. Consider it’s history:
- Constructed in 1927-Record number of suicides and murders and was known as the suicide hotspot.
- Site of several mysterious disappearances.
- Home to (Room #14) convicted serial killer, Richard Ramirez who savagely murdered 13 innocent people (He got to die of natural causes!)
- Austrian serial killer Jack Unterweger lived at the hotel in 1991 for five weeks and murdered three prostitutes.
- Without a doubt, haunted!
- In 1962 Pauline Otton, 27, had an argument with her husband and threw herself out the window landing on and killing a pedestrian below.
- In an unsolved murder in 1964, Goldie Osgood, who enjoyed feeding the birds in a nearby square, was found dead in her room. She had been stabbed, strangled and raped.
Paranormal Investigation with Updates
This photo was taken by resident Koston Alderete, showing a mysterious figure hanging outside a fourth-floor window of the hotel.
What’s your theory? Give me some feedback by leaving me a comment below. Thanks for stopping by!