Warning: Monsters in the Yard
People who live in the woods enjoy an environment filled with mystery and lore. How safe is your yard? Many also believe that woodlands are also locations of menace and danger. Strange things happen in people’s yards. Also, there are many reported experiences and disappearances associated with trips to the woods which I have discussed in a previous article. People who have reported strange experiences in their wooded areas or hiking woodlands have a shared set of reactions which include:
- Imminent danger
- Woods becoming strangely quiet
- Feelings of being watched
- Feelings of being stalked
- The need to find other people as soon as possible
- Terror Some are convinced that nature has its own intelligence and the feeling of panic in the woods has long been connected to the mythological Greek God Plan; the protector of our wild locations. Is this panic a warning system that we must pay attention to? I lived in and hiked throughout the Adirondack Mountains in the 1980’s and many times I was alone and, at one point, eight months pregnant while in the woods. I always felt a feeling of serenity, nothing ever sinister came my way. I ran into quite a bit of wildlife and always enjoyed myself. Of course, this was always during the daytime and I would not have considered going into the woods at night. We lost our cat, Velcro to a creature of the night. We never found him; he simply went out the front door one afternoon to do his usual yard patrol and vanished. He was a big cat and I suspect that his killer was a fox or owl.
Cluster Flies In The Yard
A home we originally rented in the in the Adirondacks was located in Westport, New York and it was built in the late 1800’s. It was a very old farmhouse with approximately two acres of land surrounding it. The house was two levels, large, and creepy with hardwood floors that creaked and a dark and dingy basement that I seldom visited. There were many windows to the home and it had a huge, wrap around porch. I always had the feeling, especially at night, that something was looking inside. The nearest neighbors were down a short winding road so we were fairly isolated. I never liked being alone in this place and the overall “bad vibe” to the house was a reason we did not pursue buying it when it became available. I also experienced night terrors during my second pregnancy and heard whispering frequently. That’s another story for another time…………..
It was the yard where we experienced repeated episodes with cluster flies crawling up a section of the outside of the house and onto windows. There were hundreds of them and they were disgusting. I always experienced a sense of dread when I looked at them. They hardly moved at all and watching them from the inside of the windows made my skin crawl. Some believe there is a paranormal connection of evil (spirits or demonic) with these insects but it is a fact that in the fall they seek out warmth for survival.
I think that I’ve have watched every episode of Paranormal Witness. How safe is your backyard? Take a look at what this family experienced. Fact or fiction; you decide.
Thank you for stopping by and please leave your experiences, questions or comments below.