After reading this article, will you play this game? It’s called the Elevator Game and based on an Urban Legend. It was brought to my attention by a recent comment left by a reader on my website. I thought I would look into this game, especially since there is a theory that Elisa Lam (Read about her here) played this on the last day of her life. Her untimely death provided an opportunity to boost the game’s notoriety. The video shows her strange behavior in an elevator.
This game comes with many warnings to those that take the challenge. It is believed to be of Korean origin. After researching several articles about this game, I came across rules that were translated from the original into English.The claim of the game is that it transports one to another world. It’s referred to as the most dangerous game. It has been played by many people for the past several years with many believing that “something” has followed them home. Personally, I would not play this and do not necessarily buy into the paranormal aspect but, to each his own. Leave me a comment below if you decide to play the game. I’d love to get your feedback.
Only one person can play at a time and the individual can only play this game in a building at least 10 stories high. The building must have at least one elevator in it. (pretty obvious!)
- Enter the elevator from the first floor by yourself. If anyone else gets on from the first floor wait until you can enter the elevator alone.
- Press the button for the fourth floor.
- Do not get out when the elevator reaches the fourth floor. Stay in the elevator and press the button for the second floor.
- Do not get out when you reach the second floor. Stay on the elevator and then press the button for the sixth floor.
- Do not get out when you reach the sixth floor, remain in the elevator and press the button for the second floor.
- Do not get out when you reach the second floor. Stay on the elevator and press the button for the tenth floor. Do not respond to any voices you may hear. (Important)
- Do not get out once you have reached the tenth floor. Stay on and and press the button for the fifth floor.
- A woman may enter the elevator on the 5th floor. She will be engaging and may look like someone you know. Ignore her.
- Next, press the button to head to the first floor. If, instead of going towards the first floor you begin to ascend to the tenth, then you have performed the ritual correctly. If you descend to the first floor then you have done something wrong. Get off on the first floor immediately.
- If you reach the tenth floor, you can either stay on the elevator or exit the elevator. If the woman is still with you, do not engage in conversation.
- There is only one way to know whether you have traveled to the Other World for sure. You will know because you will be the only person there. Things will also feel at bit off.
Traveling Back To Your Home World:
(Also, if you do not exit on the 10th floor)
- Press the button for the first floor and keep pressing it until the elevator begins to move.
- Once you have reached the first floor, exit immediately.
If you do exit the elevator at the tenth floor the elevator you used to get there is the only one you can use to return.
- When you get back on the elevator, press the buttons in the same order you did in steps 2 through 8 which you used to travel. This will take you to the fifth floor.
- Once you have reached the fifth floor, press the button for the first floor. You can press the button of any floor lower than ten to stop ascending but you have to do it before you again reach the tenth floor.
- Once you have cancelled the ascension and reached the first floor all should appear normal. If anything seems strange, if you hear voices or smell another odd, do not exist the elevator. Repeat step two until everything on the first floor seems normal.
- Once you are satisfied that everything on the first floor is as it should be in your world then you can exit the elevator.
Additional Information on Traveling:
- The Other World has been described by travelers as dark but otherwise exactly like your real world. Again, you will know that it is not your world because no one else will be there. You may see a distant red cross through a window. It is not exactly known what this is.
- Electronics often do not work.
- People report becoming disoriented when exiting the 10th floor. Examine everything around you to make sure it’s as it should be.
- If you get on the wrong elevator on your return trip then do not enter the return sequence. It will not work.
Real Elevator Horror
Thanks for stopping by and stay safe!